Did you know there are many different uses of dental crowns? Dental crowns are very versatile in the world of dentistry that can help restore your oral health and improve the appearance of your smile. In fact, dental crowns are very common, yet many people do not understand how efficient and helpful they can be. To give you more information on dental crowns, our dentist, Dr. Marc Resnick with Agreeable Dental Care in Aurora, Colorado, is happy to talk to you about how they can help you.
Here is a list of benefits and uses that dental crowns have to offer:
– If you have teeth that are weak or brittle due to old age, it may be beneficial to add an additional layer of protection such as a dental crown.
– Dental crowns are known for their durability as they can be used to cover and protect a tooth for decades.
– Dental crowns can be used for previous restorations such as bridges and implants.
– For individuals that are extremely vulnerable to tooth decay, including children, a dental crown can add an additional layer of protection.
– Dental crowns can be used to bind together a dental filling and a tooth if the tooth is unable to hold the filling on its own.
– Dental crowns can bind together bits of broken teeth.
– In many situations, dental crowns can be the last line of defense to save a tooth before an extraction may be required.
The many uses of dental crowns along with their benefits make it easy to understand why they are a favorite resource for your smile. If you have questions about your smile and oral health, please call us today at 303-369-7272 to set up an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you and looks forward to assisting you.