With all the cleaning tools available on the market today, even chewing gum is jumping on the wagon touting oral health care properties. However, according to many studies, it does appear that chewing sugarless gum for a period of 20 minutes after meals can stimulate saliva flow and help prevent the formation of cavities in your teeth. To see how sugarless gum can treat your smile, take a look!
– The reason sugarless gum has been proven to be so effective is that it kindles saliva flow in the mouth. Saliva helps wash away food particles and bacteria and can be used to counteract acids in the mouth.
– Chewing sugarless gum after meals has been clinically verified to help prevent cavities.
– Do not use chewing gum if you are at the mercy of any tooth or jaw pain, including bruxism and temporomandibular disorders.
– It is important that the chewing gum you choose is sugarless because ordinary gum contains sugars that will traditionally cancel out any helpful benefits the gum can provide.
– Sugarless gum is also used for various health conditions, including for the prevention and treatment of heartburn.
– Speak with your dentist about approved chewing gum products, or look for the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance on products.
If you are looking for oral health care services in Aurora, Colorado, come see Agreeable Dental Care soon. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Marc Resnick, simply call our dentist office at 303-369-7272. With the help of our team and professional cleaning treatments, the pathway to a clear smile can be yours. We look forward to doing our best to ensure your oral health remains terrific.